Motorcycles depict freedom, liberty, and rebellious nature. It shows the carefree nature of a human being. Motorcycles have always been known for their class apart, a motorcycle is one such vehicle that never goes out of style. But, with style comes security and protection, most of the youngsters do not pay much attention towards their protection and safety and in order to add some extra style to their personality, they avoid wearing helmets. Many countries have made and applied a number of laws regarding the usage of the helmet, and many do charge penalty on the people, found driving a motorcycle without a helmet. Mostly the youth, find wearing helmets old-fashioned and boring, which is why the vintage helmets came up in the picture. Vintage motorcycle helmets are known as a style statement among the youngsters from a very long time. They are known as a legacy that the motorcyclists cherish all over the world. It is known basically, for their history related to the era of the World War 2. They have established a good name on the basis of the quality of the helmets in the long run. They are the oldest and the most trusted brand when it comes to the motorcycle helmets. These helmets have an antique touch and are of a little older design, which is why the designers have to add a little classy touch, in order to make them look stylish and no doubt they never fail to amaze us with their old school look.
Although it seems hard, rocky and a little bit groovy on the outside, their interiors are designed in order to provide extra comfort and support to the human skull. With the amazingly stylish look that they provide, they are equally protective as well too. They come with different types of certifications like DOT, ECE, AS etc. and these certifications ensure the safety of the rider. Helmets are something that cannot be avoided; they are needed by each and every rider in order to ensure safety. And when these come certified with a higher level of security certification, then they become more reliable and trustworthy in usage.
The following section of the article will help you choose one among the all the vintage motorcycle helmets. All of the below mentioned vintage motorcycle helmets are classy, stylish, protective as well as provide an old school retro look, but you need to choose the one that suits and meets up with your requirements. So, below given is the Top 5 best of the vintage motorcycle helmets.
Top 5 Best Vintage Motorcycle Helmets Review
1. TORC T50 Route 66 Helmet Review
It is as open-faced, minimalistic helmet having quite a lightweight ABS shell, TORC Route 66 is a helmet which is worn by the Easy Riders. The interior of the helmet is coated with a suede liner which can be removed whenever needed; it cradles the head of the rider very comfortably and also allows the rider scalp to breathe. It is approved by the DOT completely and comes equipped with a visor which can be removed and is present in order to deal with the sunny days or for the long trips. As it is an open-face helmet, it cuts down the road noise quite fairly, so that the rider does not deal with the deafening effect of wearing a motorcycle helmet. It is an ideal helmet for the core rider and for the riders that wish to have an amazing experience while biking.
Following mentioned are a few of the features provided by these vintage TORC T50 route 66 helmet: –
- It is a lightweight helmet and it comes equipped with an advanced ABS shell.
- It possesses an eye-catching retro paint.
- It is completely washable.
- It comes with equipped with a removable ultra suede liner as well as inner comfort padding.
- It has a removable sun visor in it.
- It is completely DOT approved and hence it is completely authorized.
Advantage of the product
- The T50 motorcycle helmet comes equipped with leather which is rolled all around on it.
- The ABS shell is extremely strong and durable comes with a bold classic look
Disadvantage of the product
- This vintage motorcycle helmet does not come with any type of venting on the outside of it.
The TORC T50 is a helmet that is a classic, providing you a lot of elegance, it is super-slim and a fascinating feature about it is that it has an open-face design which complemented by the means of retro paint as well as some eye catchy customized graphics. The TORC T50 comes equipped with an ultra-suede liner which provides the feel of the real leather, but wicks moisture and wears like the technical fabric it is.
2. Daytona Cruiser Helmet Review
Daytona helmets in general designs basic as well as classic helmets in the range of vintage motorcycle helmets. It is an open face 3/4th helmet and is quite elegant in design and appearance. It is the smallest DOT certified 3/4th helmet ever made.
Features of Daytona cruiser helmet:
- As it is DOT approved, it means it is completely authorized and can be trusted without any worry. This quality makes it easy to cruise.
- It comes with a variety of four different sizes of the shell.
- It comes with a crystal clear finish of the UV.
- It comes equipped with a head wrap which is completely free.
- It comes with a gloss black bubble visor.
- It has a well-established nylon strap system.
- The fiberglass Shell is quite Strong, Light, as well as safe.
Advantages of the product:
- The UV Finish which is present in the Sturdy Shell, the shell is made up of fiberglass which is known for its extreme strength. It has a matte black colored coating; the helmet also does come equipped with an attractive UV finish which is present to protect it from the glare that the sun shows up.
- It comes attached with nylon Straps which are equipped for the purpose of the proper placing of the chin. These chin straps this vintage helmet are made up of nylon and are good in quality. These straps basically ensure that the helmet stays in place and does not allow it to move around while driving.
Disadvantages of the product:
- It is a 3/4th helmet and hence, does not provides complete security.
These helmets are quite handy, and stylish in look. If you are an image-conscious rider then this one surely is for you. It has numerous eye-catching features. It is small and feels comfortable while wearing.
3. Bell Bullitt Helmet Review
This helmet from the Bullitt has a lot of deep roots as it is a remake of the Bell Star 120 practically, although this new version does not have any need to trade fit and also to comfort for the full face protection. It is anyway very less clunky as compared to its progenitor version. It comes with a shell which is fiber composite and is outfitted along with a multi-density liner of EPS, this helmet from the Bullitt just feels complete as a streamlined helmet that comes stuffed inside of a stylish looking classic body and a number of different winking retro graphics completes its look completely. It comes equipped with a quintuple intake vent that generally slides back to just a single exhaust vent that is present at the back in order to provide a smooth airflow that is known to prevent the flop sweat.
Features of Bell Bullitt helmet:
- They are low profile helmets made up of a composite shell.
- It has EPS sizes available in order to add a personalized fit front vent for the placing of the chin, which is equipped with metal mesh intake and exhaust vents.
- It is made of completely genuine leather.
- It has a removable as well as washable interior covering which comes with contoured pads for the cheeks that have an antibacterial sheath.
- They have completely padded chin straps which come with a D-ring closure made up of complete, solid leather.
- They are integrated with a speaker pocket, where you can easily store your speakers and carry them along with you quite handily.
- They have an exclusive mage fusion magnetic strap keeper accessory shield which is available to add a personalized look.
- It comes along with an exciting 5-year user warranty.
- It guarantees protection and safety as it is DOT authorized completely.
Advantages of the product:
- It is known for the fact of providing a panoramic field of view.
- It provides full face protection.
Disadvantages of the product:
- It has a serious problem of the wind whistling.
The Bullitt helmet is completely inspired by the bell star helmet, and it has been proved successful to a great extent in being like its progenitor. It features a lot of exceptionally high-quality details, it is the perfect helmet for the riders that want a classy vintage look. A remarkable feature is that it provides full face protection. It is authorized by the DOT completely and hence, is safe in all terms. Along DOT it has other certifications of ECE, AS etc.
4. Vega X380 Helmet Review
So, vega X380 is our yet another vintage motorcycle helmet. These helmets from the brand of vega are again front opened helmets. They come with a very eye-catching design complemented with a lot of artwork to add to a customized look to the helmet. They look completely classy when wore. Apart from the look and the style that they impact they are equally protective and safe for the riders as they come with the DOT certification as well.
Features of Vega X380 helmet:
- It has a drool worthy, classic as well as a retro look.
- It has an option for 3-snap flip shields, from which we can choose easily.
- It has 3 snap shorty shields and a large variety of 3 snap visors.
- It is very low profile helmet
- It is dot approved, and that is why can be trusted in terms if safety and protection.
- It is lightweight and hence does not affect the neck or the head much.
- It is made up of an ABS thermoplastic alloy.
- They have completely absorbable, washable as well as removable interiors. The interiors are cushiony, providing a little extra comfort.
- It has a height of 11.8 inches.
- It is 2.3 pounds in weight.
Advantages of the product
- It has a varied option of 3 snap fit shields.
- Every product from the brand of vega comes with a warranty of 5 years.
Disadvantages of the product
- The warranty excludes any kind of wear and tear, end modification or any type of crash damage of the product.
This helmet comes from the trustworthy brand of the vega. Vega is known to produce a number of different types of products including helmets as well. This helmet is a beauty when it comes to the look. It is perfect for all the badass bikers present out there. With numerous amazing features, this vintage motorcycle helmet is a complete package of looks with security. They have plush, absorbent as well as washable interiors too.
5. Hanmi leather German Helmet Review
These helmets are a class apart themselves in the range of the vintage motorcycle helmets. The look of this helmet cannot be compared with any of the helmets known so far. The sturdy retro look that they provide isn’t available in any of the vintage motorcycle helmets known so far. They come usually in dark colors to add on to the retro look. This helmet has three features in one; it is a helmet, a goggle, as well as an ear, muffle at the same time. This helmet is way too stylish for the look conscious riders. They come equipped with some artificial leather which only adds on to its retro look even more. It is made up of strong ABS material. It has a very convenient to handle chin strap attached along with it.
Features of Hanmi leather German helmet:
- It consists of three things in just one helmet; a helmet, a goggle as well as an n ear muffle. This makes it stand apart in the long run of the vintage motorcycle helmets.
- The size of the helmet is 56-58 cm.
- The ear muffle can be easily detached from it and can be reattached whenever needed.
- It has a very convenient chin strap, which has just one touch buckle.
- It weighs around 1.8 pounds.
Advantages of the product
- The main feature that rules over all other vintage helmets is the presence of ear muffle as well as a goggle along with a helmet. This is the feature which is exclusive to these helmets only.
Disadvantages of the product
1.No real leather is used while making it
So, on a final call, I find this product the best among all the vintage motorcycle helmets, which we discussed in the above article. It might be a little costly but it is completely value for money. It has a jaw-dropping looking; I would suggest this product to all those customers that are looking for a stylish helmet.
So, in the above article, we discussed every major vintage motorcycle helmets, the hanmi german helmet about which we discussed in the end, is known to be ruling over all others. But though it is stylish in look, we have a lot of other vintage motorcycle helmets that are better than this one in several other parameters. We have provided you with a brief insight of all the five vintage motorcycle helmets, and this article will no doubt help you in choosing the one that meets your requirements. All of the above-mentioned vintage motorcycle helmets are a class apart and cannot be compared in any terms with each other. And most of them are DOT certified which means that they ensure your security, protection, and safety. We discussed the 5 best vintage motorcycle helmets in this article, according to me. Let me know in the comment section which one is your favorite.
Keep riding safely!