We all have an equal share of minor motorcycle accidents in our lives. These accidents and minor crashes left scars on us. But, we do it anyways. Because these minor accidents can’t hold us to stop riding the motorcycle. But, to do that you must give value to your fitness and mental health. Every time, we survived a crash, we should thank God for keeping an eye on us. After all, we are lucky to get out of a crash easily. Otherwise, some people faced major accidents which led them direct to the hospitals for rest of their lives.
I am not gonna lie to you. This could happen to you if you don’t take care of yourself. If you are wondering, what we are talking about? Then let me answer this: We are talking about the things you must do after any minor motorcycle accident. Let’s assume, you survived a crash and you are not hurt.
So, what you do after?
Would you go straight to check yourself?
Because, if you do then you are doing the right thing. You must realize that what you do straight after a minor motorcycle crash is so vital to your future physical, mental health, and safety.
That’s why we are here today to recommend you these tips intended for riders involved in a minor motorcycle accident without much injuries just some scratches or bruising. I am sure you will follow these tips and save them in your notes to use it anytime when you had a minor crash.
Things to do after a minor motorcycle crash
- The first thing you need to do is get up. Move yourself and your motorcycle to safety. Once you stand your bike, use hazard lights and get off your bike off the road.
- Adrenaline is rushing through your whole body. So, it would be a little difficult to check for injuries or blood. So, check your helmet and rest of the gear for any damage as it will show any injury in the specific areas.
- After checking yourself, call emergency services. If there is any damage to public property then don’t forget to notify police.
- If you find yourself in a position where your minor accident damaged any public property or affect some person then make sure to take photos and gather evidence of the scene. Take a lot of photos of your bike, where it landed, and other photos related to your little accident. If someone is available there then find an eye-witness to record a statement. And remember, to admit nothing.
- Don’t leave the crash scene until you have either contacted police or provided your details to all relevant parties.
- Check up your bike for roadworthiness. Make sure, it isn’t leaking oil, fuel, or has working brakes, controls, and lights etc. Instead of using any Rogue roadside operator services, contact your insurer or roadside assistance, provider.
- Last, if you have some water drink it. Sit down and relax. Remember, it just a minor motorcycle crash. It could’ve been worse. So, give yourself some time to come in right state of mind, you may be shaking and not in the right mind to ride.
These are just the things to do after a minor motorcycle crash, we only recommend this for minor crashes where you aren’t hurt or had any serious injury.