Daily commuting to office is not an easy task in terms of expenses or timing. Many people use personal cars or trains for daily commuting. But, commuting through cars and trains will reduce your money saved in a bank account or leave you exhausted after lengthy delays in trains arrivals and services.
So, how can we save time and money on daily commuting?
Well, you know the answer to this question but refused to do it. If you don’t know what I am talking about then let me tell you. We are talking about Commuting on a Motorcycle for Work. I am sure, it had crossed your mind several times but you never considered it as a good idea.
That’s why we are here to discuss the Pros and Cons of riding a motorcycle to work. Plus, we will give you few tips on how to prepare yourself for daily commuting on a motorcycle.
Pros: Riding a Motorcycle to Work
In my opinion, riding a motorcycle to work is fantastic. I use motorcycle for daily commuting and I can tell you, commuting through motorcycle helps me in –
- Fresh start my day, because, riding a motorcycle through work saves plenty of time which you can’t save in trains or cabs.
- Unlike car drivers, I don’t stick in long traffic jams. As a professional motorcyclist, I can weave in and out of traffic and can overtake any hold up so easily. This put a good effect on my office work because I arrive daily at the correct time.
- Commuting through a motorcycle helps me saves a lot of bucks especially when you know how to maximize the fuel economy of your bike.
- Last, it fulfills my passion of ride motorcycle every day and enjoys the beautiful nature and environment.
Cons: Riding a Motorcycle to Work
Just because I like riding a motorcycle to work, it doesn’t mean everybody does. Even, there are few things which even I hate when it comes to daily commuting through a motorcycle. The first disadvantage of riding work on a motorcycle getting caught in bad weather. Bad climate like rain, cold, and snow are reasons to avoid commuting through a motorcycle. Plus, you won’t have the same luxury as you get in a car driving.
But, if you want you can minimize the chances of getting caught in bad weather. All you have to choose is right gear for the cold and hot weather. Make sure, your motorcycle jacket, gloves, and boots have features to provide you maximum airflow on a sunny hot day and additional paddings or extra layers to protect you from freaking cold weather.
Ride the Right Motorcycle
If you are considering to commute with a motorcycle and looking for new bike to ride to the office everyday then you must consider few things like –
- Go for a comfortable motorcycle which also has enough room to carry goods and luggage.
- Since you are going to ride motorcycle every day to work, so make sure your motorcycle also has advanced facilities like ABS and Traction control.
- Remember, you need motorcycle for commuting not competing in some race. So, make sure your bike offer excellent fuel economy even if it has low cc or power.
- Your motorcycle should be easy to maintain and less expensive in services and maintenance.
Wear the Right Gear
As I said earlier, it is important to wear right riding gear while riding motorcycle. You must have best safety helmet, motorcycle gloves, jackets, and boots which can protect your ankle and leg in any crash.
Nevertheless, if the weather condition is worse, then ditch the bike and take a cab to office instead.