If you have been involved in a motorcycle crash especially first one then you must ready for several things which come forward.
One of these is Insurance Company. When a crash happened, people and insurance company don’t even care if it seems minor or not they will ask every kind of questions to you like you are responsible for everything.
But, it doesn’t matter what they say, if it wasn’t your fault then don’t admit anything and make sure you gather all evidence and eye witness statements right after the crash. Even if you hire a lawyer, he/she won’t be able to do anything if you can’t prove your innocence. So, make sure you are in right condition while gathering the evidence and don’t give any statement to anyone. No matter, how much they force you or try to convince you of anything.
When to hire a lawyer
In my opinion, you don’t require a lawyer if it was a minor accident.
However, hiring a lawyer or attorney may require in following cases –
- You or someone else has been injured in the crash;
- The crash happened because of another person;
- Demands of insurance company;
- A crash happened due to fault such as road condition, broken traffic light, or maybe a missing sign.
How to choose the right one
Not all lawyers are the same. If you are going to choose a lawyer then make sure you choose the right one.
A lawyer who has experience in such cases of a motorcycle crash and can help you recover the damage to your vehicle, medical expenses, and money lost due to your inability to work etc.
So, when considering for a lawyer or attorney for your motorcycle crash make sure the lawyer you choose:
- Has much experience in motorcycle crash cases;
- Can work upon the crash evidence you provided;
- Able to recover medical expenses;
- Will be able to help you with the insurance companies and counter the demands of them; and
- Is fully committed to securing you the rightful compensation which you deserve for the motorcycle crash.
But, it’s not like you ask every single question to each lawyer. There are many law firms who specialize in motorcycle crash and traffic law cases. These law firms can narrow down your list of a right lawyer for your case.
And at last, make sure your lawyer don’t make any promises which he can’t deliver and must be honest with you from the first day. A lawyer who is realistic has more chances to win than the lawyer who promises you the moon.