If you have been involved in a motorcycle crash, especially your first one, then you must be prepared for several things that will come forward.
One of these is the Insurance Company. When a crash happens, people and the insurance company won’t care if it is minor or not, they will ask you every question imaginable as if you are responsible for everything.
But, it doesn’t matter what they say or what they ask, if it wasn’t your fault, then don’t admit to anything and make sure you gather all the evidence and eyewitness statements immediately after the crash. Even if you hire a lawyer, he/she won’t be able to do anything if you can’t prove your innocence. So, make sure you are in the right condition while gathering the evidence and don’t give a statement to anyone. No matter, how hard they try to persuade you or try to convince you of anything.
When to Hire a Lawyer
In my opinion, you don’t require a lawyer if it was a minor accident.
However, hiring a lawyer or attorney may be required in the following cases.
- You or someone else has been injured in the crash;
- The crash happened because of another person;
- Receiving demands from an insurance company;
- A crash happened due to the fault of road conditions, a broken traffic light, or maybe a missing sign.
How to Choose the Right Lawyer
Not all lawyers are the same. If you are going to hire a lawyer then make sure you choose the right one.
A lawyer who has experience in motorcycle crashes and can help you recover the damage to your vehicle, medical expenses, and money lost due to your inability to work, etc.
So, when considering a lawyer or attorney for your motorcycle crash make sure the lawyer you choose
- Has much experience in motorcycle crash cases;
- Can work diligently with the crash evidence you provided;
- Will be able to recover medical expenses;
- Will be able to help you with the insurance companies and counter their demands;
- Will be fully committed to securing the correct compensation that you deserve from the motorcycle crash.
It’s not as if you have to ask the same questions to every single lawyer. There are many law firms that specialize in motorcycle crashes and traffic law cases. These law firms can narrow down your list to get the right lawyer for your case.
And lastly, make sure your lawyer doesn’t make any promises that he can’t deliver and he/she must be honest with you from day one. A lawyer who is realistic has a better chance to win than a lawyer who promises you the moon.